RSe Series Double Valve Safety Category. 4 PL e, External Monitoring
- Redundant control can achieve Category 4, PL e, when used with proper safety controls
- Can be utilized for Safe Return Dual Pressure Applications to control pressure in order to extend a cylinder with the supply pressure at port 3 and retract with the supply pressure at port 5
- Can be utilized for Safe Pressure Select Applications in order to safely control the pressure applied to a machine operation
- Each single valve in the RSe Series is equipped with a PNP proximity sensor
- Monitoring both of these sensors on each actuation and de-actuation of the RSe Series valve provides a diagnostic coverage up to 99%
- Monitoring of these sensors is to be done by an external monitoring system
- Redundant spool type valve with two operating solenoids that must be operated simultaneously in order to actuate the valve. In addition each valve element has a single, proximity sensor that is wired as a PNP type sensor for position sensing
- Automatic reset by de-energizing the solenoids
- SISTEMA Library available for download
RSe Series Double Valve Product Overview
The 5/2 RSe Series valve is designed to control the direction of air flow into and out of a double-acting cylinder or other pneumatic actuator in order to drive the cylinder forward or backward to suit the requirements of the machine operation. However, the RSe Series does this with the same level of control expected of the machine’s/system’s safety circuit.
The safety function of the RSe Series valve is to return the cylinder/actuator to its home “safe” position whenever a fault occurs within the valve. Such a monitoring system must be capable of inhibiting the operation of the valve. The RSe Series valves are designed for external monitoring for safe, redundant operation of the valves.
The RSe Series valves are constructed of redundant, spool type valves, and have an overall function of a single solenoid pilot-operated, spring return valve. Each single valve in the RSe Series is equipped with a PNP proximity sensor. Monitoring both of these sensors on each actuation and de-actuation of the RSe Series valve provides a diagnostic coverage of 99%. Monitoring of these sensors is to be done by an external monitoring system.
Please refer to the side and below for links to easily navigate and download ROSS Controls RSe Series Double Valve Catalogs, Installation Instructions, and technical data. Additionally, you have the option to filter through all available options to RSe Series Double Valve variant that meets your requirements.