RSe Series Double Valve Safety Category. 4 PL e, External Monitoring
- Redundant control can achieve Category 4, PL e, when used with proper safety controls
- Each single valve in the RSe Series is equipped with a PNP proximity sensor for external monitoring.
- Monitoring both of these sensors on each actuation and de-actuation of the RSe Series valve provides a diagnostic coverage up to 99
- Redundant spool type valve with two operating solenoids that must be operated simultaneously in order to actuate the valve. In addition each valve element has a single, proximity sensor that is wired as a PNP type sensor for position sensing.
- Automatic reset by de-energizing the solenoids
- Base mounted – with G or NPT pipe threads. Inlet and outlet ports on both sides provide for flexible piping (plugs for unused ports included). Captive valve-to-base mounting screws.
- SISTEMA Library available for download
RSe Series Double Valve Product Overview
The 3/2 RSe Series valve is designed to supply air to a zone or entire machine/system until signaled to shut off and exhaust residual downstream pneumatic energy from the machine. Thus, reducing the hazards associated with the presence of residual energy during employee access and/or minor servicing.
The safety function of the 3/2 RSe Series valve is to shut off supply of pneumatic energy and to exhaust any pneumatic energy from downstream of the valve. Note: The 3/2 RSe Series valve cannot exhaust pneumatic energy from downstream of obstructions such as check valves and closed center function valves.The RSe Series valves are designed for external monitoring for safe, redundant operation of the valves.
The RSe Series valves are constructed of redundant, 3/2 spool type valves, and have an overall function of a single solenoid pilot-operated, spring return valve. Each single valve in the RSe Series is equipped with a PNP proximity sensor. Monitoring both of these sensors on each actuation and de-actuation of the RSe Series valve provides a diagnostic coverage of 99%. Monitoring of these sensors is to be done by an external monitoring system.
Please refer to the side and below for links to easily navigate and download ROSS Controls RSe Series Double Valve Catalogs, Installation Instructions, and technical data. Additionally, you have the option to filter through all available options to discover the RSe Series Double Valve variant that meets your requirements.