1. Before servicing a valve or other pneumatic component, be sure that all sources of energy are turned off, the entire pneumatic system is shut off and exhausted, and all power sources are locked out (ref: OSHA 1910.147, EN 1037).
2. All ROSS products, including service kits and parts, should be installed and/or serviced only by persons having training and experience with pneumatic equipment. Because any installation can be tampered with or need servicing after installation, persons responsible for the safety of others or the care of equipment must check every installation on a regular basis and perform all necessary maintenance.
3. All applicable instructions should be read and complied with before using any fluid power system in order to prevent harm to persons or equipment. In addition, overhauled or serviced valves must be functionally tested prior to installation and use. If you have any questions, call your nearest ROSS location.
4. Each ROSS product should be used within its specification limits. In addition, use only ROSS parts to repair ROSS products.WARNINGS: Failure to follow these directions can adversely affect the performance of the product or result in the potential for human injury or damage to property.
5. Dirt, scale, moisture, etc. are present in virtually every air system. Although some valves are more tolerant of these contaminants than others, best performance will be realized if a filter is installed to clean the air supply, thus preventing contaminants from interfering with the proper performance of the equipment. ROSS recommends a filter with a 5-micron rating for normal applications.
6. All standard ROSS filters and lubricators with polycarbonate plastic bowls are designed for compressed air applications only. Do not fail to use the metal bowl guard, where provided, to minimize danger from high pressure fragmentation in the event of bowl failure. Do not expose these products to certain fluids, such as alcohol or liquefied petroleum gas, as they can cause bowls to rupture, creating a combustible condition, hazardous leakage, and the potential for human injury or damage to property. Immediately replace a crazed, cracked, or deteriorated bowl. When bowl gets dirty, replace it or wipe it with a clean dry cloth.
7. Only use lubricants which are compatible with materials used in the valves and other components in the system. Normally, compatible lubricants are petroleum base oils with oxidation inhibitors, an aniline point between 180°F (82° C) and 220°F (104°C), and an ISO 32, or lighter, viscosity. Avoid oils with phosphate type additives which can harm polyurethane components, potentially leading to valve failure which risks human injury, and/or damage to property.
8. Do not restrict the air flow in the supply line. To do so could reduce the pressure of the supply air below the minimum requirements for the valve and thereby cause erratic action.
9. Do not restrict a valve's exhaust port as this can adversely affect its operation. Exhaust silencers must be resistant to clogging and must have flow capacities at least as great as the exhaust capacities of the valves. Contamination of the silencer can result in reduced flow and increased back pressure.WARNINGS: ROSS expressly disclaims all warranties and responsibility for any unsatisfactory performance or injuries caused by the use of the wrong type, wrong size, or an inadequately maintained silencer installed with a ROSS product.
10. Mechanical Power Presses and other potentially hazardous machinery using a pneumatically controlled clutch and brake mechanism must use a press control double valve with a monitoring device. A double valve without a self-contained monitoring device should be used only in conjunction with a control system which assures monitoring of the valve. All double valve installations involving hazardous applications should incorporate a monitoring system which inhibits further operation of the valve and machine in the event of a failure within the valve mechanism.
11. Per specifications and regulations, ROSS L-O-X® and L-O-X® with EEZ-ON® operation products are defined as energy isolation devices, NOT AS EMERGENCY STOP DEVICES.